Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Not-So-Gentle Fade

So this is what it’s like

To disappear.

The eyes of the world glazed over by the present haze of life.

The here and now is all that is

While I begin to fade.

My face becomes a blur

My quirks a cold and unfamiliar resume.

I gave you life

My life, that is.

You took my time, my heart, and my wisdom

And I gave it freely – willingly – gladly.

You gave me yours as well

A vault of memories, thoughts, and dreams.

You gave me hope.

And then you gave me pain.

The pain of watching the world as you had let me come to know it

Spin and mold and change without me.

Without needing or wanting the life that I gave.

You were done

Done with me.

I gave you what you wanted.

And I let you.

I let you run.

And I wait.

I watch you leave, my gifts to you in tow.

And here I sit.

And this is what it’s like to disappear in the eyes of the world.

Shouting with all of my might

But unheard.

Always unheard.

I watch you all.

I can see your faces clearly.

But to you I am transparent as time

a fleeting moment.

I will paint you into my memory

Because you have made me who I am.

And yet you run.

So this is what it’s like to be a passing fad….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.